Tours of Stationers’ Hall and the Church of St Martin-within-Ludgate
We are delighted to announce that Stationers’ Hall is open for public tours, by prior appointment.
Members of the public are most welcome to visit our unique and historic Hall and learn more about the work of this ancient City of London Livery Company and its pivotal role in the history of the book trade over the past six centuries. School trips are especially welcome.
- Access will be through guided tours at set times, by prior arrangement
- Places on these tours MUST be booked in advance and each tour will be limited to 40 people.
- Tours will start at the church of St Martin-within-Ludgate (40 Ludgate Hill, London EC4M 7DE) and will include the Hall, the garden, the archive and the church (with some variations, depending on our other commitments).
- Please enter through the main door on Ludgate Hill.
- Light refreshments of tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided in the church at the end of the tour.
- Tours will last for approximately 75 minutes.
- We ask for a donation of £10.00 per person to the Hall Charity. There will be a discount of £5.00 for anyone under the age of 25.
- Donations should be paid in cash / card on arrival.
- All proceeds will go to the Stationers’ Hall Charity (registered charity number 1169753).
- Because of the age of the building, disabled access is only available through the use of a stair climber
- Photography is allowed, so long as it is not for commercial purposes.
- Please book your place(s) on tours by email at email@example.com
Group tours are welcome, subject to availability. In some cases, we may be able to offer group tours the option of a sandwich lunch before or after the tour. Payment for group tours should be made at least one week in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to organise such a tour.
Dates available in 2019:
|Monday, 22nd July||10am slot available|
|Wednesday, 24th July||10am slot available|
|Monday, 2nd September||10am slot available|
|Friday, 6th September||10am and 2:30pm slots available|
|Wednesday, 18th September||2:30pm slot available|
|Friday, 27th September||3pm slot available|
|Monday, 14th October||3pm slot available|
|Tuesday, 3rd December||3pm slot available|
To book your place(s), please email email@example.com
The Church of St Martin-within-Ludgate
The church is open to the public most days, but without guided tours.
The opening times are advertised on the church website (http://www.stmartin-within-ludgate.org.uk/).
Disclaimer: We reserve the right to cancel a tour booking. If you have made a booking and we need to cancel, we will let you know in advance and you will not be charged.