This year there was an increase in the number of entries for the judges to tackle. They did however, manage to reach decisions and made awards in five categories as follows.
- Parkside Flexibles (UK & Asia) Ltd won the Novel Manufacturing Technology category, for its Park 2 Nature, a range of compostable laminate structures to replace traditional plastic packaging.
- DoubleMe won the Innovative Application of Digital Technologies category for LoopSpace, an application for the HoloLens mixed-reality headset
- Bloomsbury Publishing Plc won the Creative Means of Communicating with Target Audiences: for the Bloomsbury Publishing Platform, enabling rapid and cost-effective online publishing
- Sun Chemical Ltd won the Novel Product Design category for SunMotion, a low-cost digital display system that simulates motion New
- Zeshan Qureshi Ltd won the Communication Programmes that Enhance Social, Educational and Community Development for the Unofficial Guide to Medicine textbook series, a new model for crowd-sourced expert publications
The overall winners of the title Innovator of the Year were Parkside Flexibles (UK & Asia) Ltd. In the photo at the head of the page you can see, from left to right, Nicholas Smith, Parkside's MD, the Master and Phil O'Driscoll, Parkside's Innovation Director.
Details of the awards programme can be found here.
This event was sponsored by PICON, Mathys & Squire and Innovate UK (Knowledge Transfer Network) The pre-press production on the brochure was provided by the Mark Allen Group and it was printed by Hobbs the Printers.